Sunday, September 13, 2009

USPSA Match 9/12/09

Wanda and I shot the Rocket City Practical Shooters club match yesterday. She is still shooting the Advantage Arms 22 LR conversion kit on my Glock 17 frame. This left me shooting my Glock 19. I had a pretty good day with the pistol, coming in 5th overall. Wanda had a number stoppages with the conversion kit but cleared them all without getting frustrated.



Wanda shooting the table stage with Fluffy






Yes, she got to keep Fluffy




The shotgun side match did not go so well for me. I had swapped out my 21" barrel with the bored out gas ports for a 26" stock barrel. Consequently the gun did not cycle unless I had it FIRMLY against my shoulder.

Stage one required reloads staged on three barrels, Virginia count; IE fixed number of shots. I ended up with a reshoot when I dropped one of my shells into the open cap of one of the barrels.

Stage two, I got THE jam on my 1100. I failed to seat a shell all the way into the mag tube and it sprang back part way onto the lifter. With help from the RO, I was able to get it pushed back into the mag tube on the clock and finish the stage. 20 some odd seconds of shooting with 3 minutes of jam clearing...

Stage three went well except for the miss on a slug target.

Overall it was a great day and lot of fun.



Me in the shotgun side match

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home