Saturday, June 20, 2009

IDPA DMG Match

I shot the local IDPA Defensive MultiGun match today. It was a typical Alabama June day, mid-90s with enough humidity for fish. It was a lot of fun with 5 challenging stages.

I shot an Romanian WASR AR variant that I had picked up cheap before the current rush, a Remington 870 police trade-in and my Glock 17. I was a little worried about reloads with the AK and the ability to hit at medium ranges. Turns out I did not have to do any reloads and the AK shot well at ~70 yards, the longest shots in the match.

The most challenging rifle stage included 5 clay pigeons placed at ~70 yards. Hits were called by the range officer and I think I got a freebie but the other four were solid. I finished 4th on the stage, the stage winner was 3.1 seconds faster.

If you have any interest in 3 gun competition and own a medium caliber pistol, repeating shotgun and rifle, go ahead and give it a try. If you like it, you'll find out what gear you want and can buy or modify as needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home