Sunday, March 22, 2009

Range trip

I popped over to the range today. Adjusted the sights on the AR-15 I shot yesterday. Confirmed the zero on one of my AKMs. Showboated a bit and plinked at one of the 100 yard posts with my Glock 26. Took about 20 shots but I got a hit.

Chronographed the 223 ammo I have been loading, not quite as hot as M193 but I think it will do. 3012 FPS for my stuff, 3131 FPS for Federal XM193.

Chronographed Barnaul FMJ and Wolf JHPs in the AKM, very consistent, 6 FPS difference between the two loads.

I've been shooting irons on the AR for a little while now and am shooting nose to charging handle. Found out that putting my head this far forward is a bit problematic with the AKM. Seems the button that releases the dust cover is harder than my shooting glasses. They are quite scratched now... :P

If I'm going to shoot an AKM often I need a longer stock...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home