Sunday, January 25, 2009

Not a good blogger

Six months between posts will not win any contests.

Stuff I learned since the last post:
  • Cherish your family. I lost my Mom the day before Thanksgiving and miss her terribly.
  • Make time for the important things. I've tried to be more active with my kids. I've given up several shooting matches for basketball games and Boy Scouts.
  • People are good. I knew this before but appreciate it more. I try to remember this when something upsets me. Empathy can be very calming.
  • It's better to be busy than be bored.
  • It's better to take time to do something right than to rush through and do it wrong.
  • True friends love you even when they don't agree with you on everything.
  • You don't make true friends by disagreeing with them on everything however. :)
  • It's better to be a good loser than a bad winner.
  • Children will learn from who ever will teach them. Make sure you approve of the teacher and the lesson.
  • Cheer for accomplishments, even your opponent's, don't cheer an opponent's mistakes.
  • There is good in every situation. It may be like grasping at straws but it's better than despair.

Not a lot of really new thoughts but I have realized a new appreciation for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home