Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Semi-dry fire practice

Turns out my new timer will not pick up the sound of my Glock dryfiring. No real surprise there but it makes getting real times on things like draws pretty difficult. I know I could set up a par time to beat but wanted to see where I am first. Well, I had a handful of primed 9mm cases which were just sitting around so I pressed them into use. The timer picked up the primer pop without any trouble. I practiced draws from concealment as I knew I was hitting around 1.11-1.20 drawing without concealment. A hands relaxed draw on a target about 15 feet away and about 12 inches square was around 1.5-1.6 consistantly with some draws going as low as 1.31 seconds. Turn and draws from surrender (El Prez start) were in the 1.65 range. Speed rocking I was able to post a 1.02 run with 1.05 being about standard. Unfortunately I could not confirm an index. I tried one "head shot" scenario with about a 3" circle at 15 or so feet, 1.85 seconds.

These were pretty handy drills but I can't truly trust the results without live fire to confirm the hits or lack thereof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home